Tuesday, August 19, 2008

An Introduction

This blog was inspired by the comment thread on this post about gyms over at Shapely Prose. Since various people asked about a blog for reviews of gyms from a fat acceptance or fat-friendly perspective, I decided to provide a space for such useful (and often hard to find) information.

I'm interested in reviews of gyms from all over (I'll give them a location-based keyword) which discuss, in addition to things like quality of equipment and classes, information on how people are treated by the staff --especially how fat people are treated, how open they are to a HAES philosophy about exercise (movement for fun rather than for weight loss), and the extent to which people are bombarded by weight-loss information and/or pressure.

If anyone is interested in co editing/moderating this blog with me, let me know @the dot bald dot soprano(at)gmail dot com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I've got a FABULOUS gym in Vancouver BC: Denman Fitness. I'll send you a write up.